Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Got Off Track...

The last month has seen my wonderful dietary progress come to a screeching halt. Two factors have contributed to this. First, the temperatures finally reached the 100s - 110s and I have no motivation to go out and walk at lunch time like I was doing through the Spring semester. Second is completely my fault. Amy had two trips for work in June and instead of coming home and cooking dinner every night I ate out a few times and made poor choices while eating out. Now, how do I get back on track?

Next week we are going to Colorado to see family for the 4th of July. I need to plan my meals carefully so as not to overeat, which is easy to do on vacation. Also, I need to come up with some activities that will keep us active some of the time we are there. Maybe we'll go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo which has a lot of up and down walking. I will also try to get up a little early and take morning walks and enjoy the cool mountain air before coming back to Phoenix.

The following week will be busy as it is the first week of the 2nd Summer semester. Only have to work 3 days before taking Elizabeth to Disneyland for the first time. I must not eat out this week before leaving. I also need to see if I can sign up for the gym on campus for the semester and use their treadmills.

I must also come up with a list of distractions to keep me from thinking about eating during July. We just got Rockband for the Wii so I will try to complete a solo series on the game before the end of July. I also have 8 goblin archers almost painted for the Lord of the Rings miniature game. Completing the miniatures in the starter set should easily chew up 4 weeks of free time. Also should try to finish the first Conan book, I believe there are only 2 or 3 stories left in the first book.

The big things to remember for July are to stay active, don't eat junk, and keep busy.

No comments: