Friday, January 4, 2008

Hi!

I thought I would start a blog just to put down random thoughts when I have them. My wife is saying"2008? It's gonna be great!" It's a year that will hopefully see more good times and some positive changes.

First up is my daughter's birthday. She turns three on January 10th but we will have the party on Sunday the 13th. It will be the first big event we've had at our new house and it should be fun with a mix of family and friends in attendance. I'm a little nervous because friends and family don't always mix well together. For that matter, family does not always mix well but we're expecting good things this time around.

Elizabeth was almost overwhelmed with Christmas and we're hoping for more of the same on her birthday. We tend to spoil her and this will be no different. At times, I wonder if we're not very good parents but she is so happy, charming, and well-behaved most of the time that I don't stress about it often. Still...

After looking at the last two paragraphs, it would seem like I worry about a lot of things I have no control over. So maybe I shouldn't worry. Most of the time it does not feel like I worry but maybe the secret "me" is worrying when I'm not. Now I'm worrying about worrying. Ahhh! Enough for now.

2 comments:

Astrodon Johnstoni said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, fellow Laveenian. Your girl is a cutie!

Bucky said...

Thanks for the welcome. I'm new to this and still have to setup some stuff. My aunt in Colorado has a couple of blogs and has really been enjoying the writing.